Saturday, April 9, 2022

The Gritty Road

Notice how everything God says is always and only goodness, pouring forth out of his mouth like sunshine cascading through the clouds. In this world we will have many troubles, but take heart! He has overcome the world. The thickest darkness cannot overcome his light. 

This life is full of trials and tribulations, but it is also filled to fullness with God’s love. Dear human, it is natural to experience waves of grief and fear. They sweep over you, threatening to drag you away. But embrace, too, waves of grace and love. These come from the hand of God and are given to refresh you and give you peace. 


Jesus doesn’t save us from our humanity, but he saves us in our humanity. Saying, dear human, I can’t help you escape the harsh realities of life, but I can help lead you through them with grace and peace. This is where your faith must land. I walk the gritty road of human life with you, and I will never leave or forsake you. I have tasted dirt and blood in my teeth and I drank the worst drink the world could offer me. I know what you need and how you feel and I will not wait to provide it. 


Notice too, how when you look through eyes of faith, there is much light and love. But when you look in the natural, the lights go out and you can’t see anymore. Walk then by faith, and not by sight, looking for the good, accepting hope, seeking love. 


No matter what you’re struggling with today, remember that Jesus walks the gritty human road with us, helping us to walk by faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment