Sunday, March 11, 2012

Why Blog?

Hello Everyone!

I sincerely thank you for visiting my new blog. Please bear with me while I learn just what exactly I am doing, and how to do it.

I have always loved to write. Before Christmas, during Advent, I began writing small articles for our church newsletter. I was encouraged to continue writing beyond the Advent season, and I have. I have received enough good feedback to gain the confidence for starting my own blog. So thank you to everyone who encourages me, because I am someone who really needs it!

My final straw was when my sister took one of my posts to use as a guest post on her blog. You can see this post here. You will also see this posting on my page at some point, as I will begin this blog by posting the writings I have done so far. This post also inspired the name of my blog.

So why blog? I have considered this question for several days, and decided I hate it. It's a stupid question. There are 1 million reasons and none of them are as profound as I really want to be. Here are a few of my reasons:

-To exercise my writing skills. Like many, I've come to find that writing is a tool which simply must be used regularly so it can really flourish.
-To process my thoughts and my life.
-To point to the Cross, to remind you to look Him, but first to remind myself.
-To have an outlet for the circus which often takes place in my head, otherwise known as my thoughts.
-To hopefully be authentic and transparent, an example for anyone who cares to look of what God has done in my life.

I'm sure there are more reasons. This is developing. I hope you enjoy! I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment