Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Mommy and Theo Day

Friday: A Mommy and Theo Day!

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

The aquarium was a little scary this time around.




A big treat: Going "out to eat" at McDonalds


Special animals from the gift shop



Theo, it was so wonderful to spend one-on-one time with you today. You are becoming such a big boy. At the zoo, you did all the stairs by yourself when we walked along the waterfall. You were a little afraid of the aquarium, but you loved the penguins and the fish. We even rode on the trolley (which you call the train, choo-choo!) You also loved to see the flamingos, which you call "MINGOS" and the monkeys and lions and snakes. 

We went out to lunch at McDonald's, and you sat in the booth like a big boy without a high chair this time! You chowed down on your nuggets and fries just like your dad. You also had to wear daddy's Chevy hat all day.  

When we got home you put your new animals in the window sill by your bed while you took a long nap. You were very sad when your Nana took your little brother home today instead of taking you, but I think we had a very fun day together.

You are talking so much now, and you are quick to tell me "No mama, I do it myself!"

When you laid down to take your nap, you asked me to cover you up with you blankets. Then you asked for a goodnight kiss. You reached up and grabbed my cheeks, gave me a kiss, and said "love you mumma!"

You are such a kind, gentle, loving, happy boy Theo, and I pray that you always are! I thank God for our special time together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow..Sounds like you two had a great day. Theo is so lucky to have a great Mom like you Amy.A Mom who has time to spend a day with just him. Lv U both and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete